Friday 26 August 2011

How I Got Here

I'm a long time lover of fashion. Primarily of the female variety, but always with an eye on what the men around me were wearing. My dad rocked some pretty cool looks in the 70s (at least according to photos) and my bro is one of the best dressed men I have ever met. Growing up with these guys around me certainly influenced my perception of a well dressed man.

Recently the focus on menswear became more intense. I have been assisting a fashion stylist and keeping up to date with the latest Menswear collections. It struck me that Menswear is much less complicated that Womenswear. Almost as if more attention has been spent on each piece - creating an much more pleasing result. Don't get me wrong, I love womenswear, but there's something more luxurious about menswear that really appeals to me. The average man's cashmere jumper, for example, is made using a better quality yarn. Products don't seem as mass-produced as womenswear items. Men seem to get better value for money..

This obsession with fashion is something that is a part of who I am. And I'd like to share that with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment