Friday 26 August 2011

Research: Unearthing New Talent

Today has been an exciting day for me. If you follow my Twitter feed you will notice how enamoured I have become with a range of menswear designers...


Firstly I sent out an email to all male friends with a link to the FABULOUS MR PORTER blog. The article that linky thing connects to is one every man ought to read. It's all about getting the perfect suit for you. If one thing upsets me it's when I see a man in a suit made of beautiful fabric that hasn't been tailored to their body. If you're going to spend hundreds of pounds on a suit, please please make sure it fits! Girly tip: Women will find you MUCH more attractive if you are wearing a well-fitting suit. Print the article out and take it to the tailor if you have to. Trust me, it'll be worth it!

Then I discovered that one of my favourite menswear designers Hardy Amies has brought out a casual RTW wear line which can be purchased from the lovely people at Matches. I still have no idea how to add images to this, but please check out the pea coat I posted on my Twitter feed. You can check out the collection selected by uber-cool menswear buyer Stacey Smith
                   http://www.matchesfashion.com/fcp/categorylist/designer/mens_hardy_amies

I've also stumbled across 2 great menswear sites:

www.themandonstore.com - These guys sell the best aviators designed by Michael Bastian alongside vintage watches by Rolex, Omega and the like. Plus some really cool designers not commonly available on the high street. If you're looking for something that's great quality and also different to what everyone else is wearing then I'd definitely recommend this site.

While browsing the Esquire UK website I unearthed an American brand called 3sixteen. They have commissioned their own denim fabric from Japan and create some cracking jeans manufactured in the USA. They also produce some really high quality leather goods in conjunction with Tanner leather, including a belt that I am determined to buy for either boyfriend or brother come Christmas.
A selection of items are available at www.denimgeek.com


3 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren ..
    the 'Mr Porter' link is not working ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blogs because they hold all the required information I want about the topics of my interest. Please continue with the same pace and style to enlighten the minds.
    wholesale womens jumpers distributor

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blogs are actually the reports from the world of technology. Please keep on posting the fresh blogs. As I do know that you possess the best ever techniques of converting the knowledge of words and make the entire setup understandable to everyone.
    wholesale sliders

    ReplyDelete